Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by Whatacrock »

Have found a few downloads of older files but not any for the ap engine, guess they got trashed when hdd got corrupted...

Supply links to stuff I still have

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/804 ... 06.1.41.7z

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/804 ... v6_1_40.7z

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/804 ... 06.1.41.7z

All courteously from my dropbox...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Well, I was hoping ChrisJ would see this or one of the other posts - he said he still has the 5.7.56 package, just didn't have any way to post it up as it was too big to attach; I left him an email address somewhere...
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

http://www.autopatcher.net/apengine/AutoPatcher-v56.7z

DesertJerry: hmm... Windows defender does not like autopatcher? This I need to try. Are you using windows defender for both Windows versions?

edit: Actually that is strange since I already have windows defender in an ON state and I have no problems.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

TheAPGuy - I'm running Win7 w/SP1, Win10 Insider Preview, Win10 upgraded from 8.1 - I use whatever versions of Windows Defender or Security Essentials or whatever Microsoft provides with the various versions.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

OK, I got a VM of xp64 running and updated.

Holly HELL that was a pain since IE 6 is unable to work on MS's OWN update site. Like WTF? Maybe its just my version of IE? I figured I would just use firefox to download an updated version of IE from the MS downloads. NOPE! I tried to use google to get to firefoxs website since I couldn't remember mozzillas web url. Google instantly told me they don't like IE6 and directed me to MS to get an updated version. ya... that didn't work since MS IE6 auto download script kept trying to give me the one for windows vista. (I did try to install that but, it would refuse to finish) Anyways long story short I brute forced my way through by looking through the script manually and finding the url in the damn thing and finally getting IE8 to install. From there I was able to download SP2 and then use AP to finish the updates. Fun times... fun times. Not gana do that again. Keeping both IE8 and XPx64sp2.

Anyways... gana install vb6 on the VM and plug the bugs. Since I can only use vb6 on the VM I will no longer add new updates to that version of AP I will only do bug fixes from now on. I will continue my work on the .NET version.

edit:
so vb6 is installed and running somewhat smoothly. Found a few minor bugs already. plugged. There must be a difference in the version installed here and the one on win7 since some code segments don't work without referring to the ocx files manually like I had to do way back in the past. What ever... they are working now. More updates to come...

edit:
Fixed the release list not showing up. Will ALSO fix the unofficial status. It was a copy error in the code where to simplify it was "B=A" when it was supposed to be "A=B" causing AP to not decode the RTI files. I put in a catch there to error to the log file if I can't find a file to decode.
also... HA! Sweeper(.net version) will take you to MS download site to download .NET 2.0 if you don't have it installed. I did not know that it would do that. nice bit of extra code Visual Studio put in there.

edit: Change the way unofficial status was handled in the past but, forgot to mention it. ALL RTIs can be official but, you can receive an unofficial status by having an extra file not listed in the RTIs. The log file will now list extra files without needing verbose switch.

New Version is up. 6.2.01
themadkansan

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by themadkansan »

AP6201 pulled to a test-copy archive, ran download updates, pulled updates for win7 32/64, ran install updates, putting log here:
► Show Spoiler
This is from a copy of an update archive that 5756 and 6140 both mark as official, only changes were updating the win7 32/64 archives from June 10 script, 6201 shows all archives (Win7 32/64, Vista 32, XP 32, AP engine, and .NET 32/64) true.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

looks like you are missing a few rti(z) files
vcredist
common
just run ap on them and it will download the rtiz files not the rest of them since you already have them.

ohh what? You have duplicate ID's? Are you sure your archive is non-modified?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Ran a test of autopatcher 6.2.01, and found an issue which causes the Unofficial status.
ALERT --- THE SPOILER IS A FULL LOG, NOT EDITED
► Show Spoiler

I believe that the new version detects the rtiz files correctly but is not reading the rti files (saying it detects the zipped rti's but not the raw rti files)
This was first test testing of it and will now look at which updates are installed against what are displayed. Keep you posted on the results.

UPDATE --- everything displayed correctly as installed, just need to learn how to hide updates that are not required by this system...

Onto the updater --- on initial test (first run) none of the releases displayed their status, also received an "Application Error"
In priUpdater.mdlScriptParser.replaceVariables at Line 114

Required to click OK from one entry to the next, exited and rerun autopatcher, selected Download Updates and NO error (thought I had better bring this to attention)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... ok will check.

edit: ohh ewww... I need to change the download window... its truncating text in the second download bar.

edit: yup, your totally right WAC. I can tell for sure since the RTI's don't even show up in the release list.

edit: WAC: Line 114 is for replacing the temp: variable. There might be a line in one of the apms or a script that is malformed that uses "temp:". Otherwise you would see that error repeated several times. That points to C:\#AutoPatcher_Temp#. Perhaps if it can't write to C:\ then you might see that error since that directory wouldn't exist.

Last Edit:
Ok, Official releases are official again. I tested and tested. Fixed the minor annoyance with the download window text. Also changed the about page to reflect current times.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Win7 w/SP1 + cumulative KB3125574 64bit > downloaded AutoPatcher-v6_2_02.zip > extracted same to \AutoPatcher folder to run tests. Double clicking Autopatcher.exe does not start the program - no error message, nothing.

Selected AutoPatcher 5.7.56 > Some kind of error: File name or class name not found during Automation operation On File: \Autopatcher\autopatcher.log > OK > Crash Handler Yikes! Where: mdlInitialization.SubMain() Error Code: 0x1B0: File name or class name not found during Automation operation > Show log: Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 13-Jun-16 14:27:47

Error Detected: File name or class name not found during Automation operationin CommandLine.initCommadline At Line 100 > Quit.

Now what?