Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code on line 900

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AP folder cleaner? - AutoPatcher Forum

AP folder cleaner?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kasolai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

First of all, HUGE THANKS! to the AP team for a totally awesome job!

I have been updating my existing AP folder for quite a while now, its current according to APUP.

My question is what happens to outdated and replaced files in that folder? what can we do to stop this large folder (almost 2gig of files in mine) from being cluttered up with files that we don't need anymore? I always delete all .script files in the root directory before running APUP to ensure scripts are always the latest. But what else can we do ?

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Kasolai, 07 December 2007 - 09:51 PM.

#2 Erik Ramey

AutoPatcher Elite

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

View PostKasolai, on Dec 7 2007, 01:48 PM, said:

First of all, HUGE THANKS! to the AP team for a totally awesome job!

I have been updating my existing AP folder for quite a while now, its current according to APUP.

My question is what happens to outdated and replaced files in that folder? what can we do to stop this large folder (almost 2gig of files in mine) from being cluttered up with files that we don't need anymore? I always delete all .script files in the root directory before running APUP to ensure scripts are always the latest. But what else can we do ?

Keep up the good work!
You shouldn't need to have to delete the scripts after running apup. Running APUP automatically does this for you.

If you have downloaded all the modules for ENU, you will have about 2 gigs of folders I believe. You shouldn't have to do anything since the scripts delete anything that needs to be deleted. Like this patch Tuesday, we will automatically add delete commands to the scripts for any update that was replaced B)

#3 Kasolai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:23 PM

View PostErik Ramey, on Dec 7 2007, 04:01 PM, said:

You shouldn't need to have to delete the scripts after running apup. Running APUP automatically does this for you.

If you have downloaded all the modules for ENU, you will have about 2 gigs of folders I believe. You shouldn't have to do anything since the scripts delete anything that needs to be deleted. Like this patch Tuesday, we will automatically add delete commands to the scripts for any update that was replaced B)

The reason I delete the .script files is because sometimes a download stalls and after that I get the error0 problem. Deleting the scripts always clears it up. I suppose its a corrupted script file for the unfinished download?

#4 Rudy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:39 AM

View PostKasolai, on Dec 8 2007, 09:23 AM, said:

The reason I delete the .script files is because sometimes a download stalls and after that I get the error0 problem. Deleting the scripts always clears it up. I suppose its a corrupted script file for the unfinished download?

download that stalls is a common problem, and when you restart apup.exe the download continues again . The scripts gets downloaded again when you restart apup.exe. So no need to delete the scripts.

The stalling is due to network timeouts, low bandwidth, MS servers stuffing around, speed of PC, etc. This will be fixed in newer releases.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users