Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code on line 900

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1739) : eval()'d code:900) in /home/content/48/12024248/html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AVG 8.0 - AutoPatcher Forum

AVG 8.0

6 replies to this topic

#1 StanTheMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

Can you tell me when AVG 8.0 will be available as a standalone install for AP?

Thanks,

Stan.

#2 M2Ys4U

Supporting AP since 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

When somebody write a module for it, I assume.

AVG8 has some major problems that the devs refuse to fix (linkchecker or whatever it is being one), I'd hold off installing it until they have to cave in to the pressure and fix them

#3 Cristiano

Super Helpful Guy

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

M2Ys4U, just this one? if, by some reason, avg crashes and don't run anymore, a lot of times his installer is unable to repair/remove it. besides, you can't even install another version, because an damaged one and, to fix it, you need manually remove a lot of reg entries and remove some folders. besides, avg doesn't like of some DELL machines and crashes at once when installing too...

[]s

#4 M2Ys4U

Supporting AP since 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Their link scanning thing is the one feature that is awful. It literally wastes bandwidth downloading and scanning links you *might* click, and there's no way of stopping it because it tries to emulate natural human navigation.

I used to use AVG several versions ago, but I've always found it a bit... clunky.

As such I'd advise people not to use AVG(8), but if someone wants a stand-alone module then I don't think it should be distributed by APUP

#5 stenrulz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

The new Avg is great, i think it should be added very soon. The user can click on it if they would like it or not by the AutoPatcher Updater that would be great way of doing it.

View PostM2Ys4U, on Jun 22 2008, 04:56 PM, said:

Their link scanning thing is the one feature that is awful. It literally wastes bandwidth downloading and scanning links you *might* click, and there's no way of stopping it because it tries to emulate natural human navigation.

I used to use AVG several versions ago, but I've always found it a bit... clunky.

As such I'd advise people not to use AVG(8), but if someone wants a stand-alone module then I don't think it should be distributed by APUP

#6 Netizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

If autopatcher is going to include an AntiVirus, I don't think it should be AVG anymore... Since they went version 8 on us, it's been a terrible disappointment.

IMO, Avast is a better choice.

#7 James

Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

View Poststenrulz, on Dec 12 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

The new Avg is great, i think it should be added very soon. The user can click on it if they would like it or not by the AutoPatcher Updater that would be great way of doing it.

See the topic AVG Free 8.0 where you will find that user homes32 wrote a module to do this, back in September.

View PostNetizen, on Dec 18 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

If autopatcher is going to include an AntiVirus, I don't think it should be AVG anymore... Since they went version 8 on us, it's been a terrible disappointment.

IMO, Avast is a better choice.

I am inclined to agree: AVG has had several incompatibilities with recentl Windows updates this year.

It is very unlikely that AutoPatcher will ever include an Anti-Virus package. Anti-Virus packages usually interfere with the updating process that AutoPatcher is designed for.

You can, of course write any module for the package of your choice and post it, as homes32 and others have done.

--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users